Your Breather Fit will be exposed to a quantity of saliva during training. We recommend cleaning it daily or even after every session if you prefer.
Do not wash it in the dishwasher and never use boiling water, as this voids your warranty.
- Add a few drops of dish soap in a bowl of warm water
- Separate the body section of the device from the mouthpiece
- Swirl both sections in a soapy water solution
- Rinse well
- Shake off, then tap the device 3-5 times against your palm to dispel extra moisture
- Set dials to 1 and 1, and inhale and exhale sharply to release moisture seal.
- Towel dry outer surfaces 8. Air dry, and store in a non-humid location
- Deeper cleaning is recommended on an as needed basis if your device has been exposed to a large amount of saliva or other debris, seems blocked, or if you have a respiratory infection.
- Place in 1 part vinegar, 3 parts warm water
- Let soak for 5 minutes (no more than 15 minutes!)
- Rinse and air dry as recommended above
- Store in a non-humid location
- This cleaning method is advised for those with depressed immune systems or when their device is used in a hospital setting.
- To reduce risk of infection, disinfect your breather at least once per week, in addition to daily cleaning with warm soapy water.
- Clean the device first as normal with warm soapy water.
- Soak in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 20 minutes.
- Rinse well with distilled, autoclaved, or filtered water.
- Tap dry and air dry in a clean environment.