The Breather is the first drug-free evidenced based Inspiratory/Expiratory Respiratory Muscle Training (RMT) device used by COPD, CHF, Dysphagia, and Neuromuscular disease patients, as well as athletes, singers, and musicians. It trains both inspiratory and expiratory muscles independently. Clinical benefits of RMT include improved dyspnea, peak cough flow, laryngeal function, QOL, vent weaning, and speech and swallow performance. The original Breather was launched in 1980 and retired in 2017 with almost 1 million units sold. This new model was designed by therapists for therapists and builds from the success of the original Breather.
Breathing against resistance during respiratory muscle training (RMT) activates and strengthens respiratory muscles and improves health and quality of life by promoting regained activity and exercise tolerance.
- Resistive Inspiratory and Expiratory Muscle Therapy (RMT)
- Adjustable and independent inspiratory and expiratory pressure settings
- Large, easy to read dial settings
- Mouthpiece engineered to provide superior mouth seal
- Ergonomic body shape for easy hand grip
- Lightweight, portable, and easy to use design
- Free self-paced video protocol training for therapist, patient, and consumers
- Inspiratory muscles: diaphragm, external intercostals, accessory muscles of neck.
- Expiratory muscles: internal intercostals, abdominals.
- Promotes diaphragmatic breathing.
- Generates improved airflow through vocal folds.
- Decreases shortness of breath.
- Improves blood flow to resting and exercising limbs
- Helps in movement of hyolaryngeal complex.
- Improves respiratory support for safe swallow function.
- Improves protective cough and assists in airway clearance.
- CONGENSTIVE HEART FAILURE
- MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
- MYASTHENIA GRAVIS
- VOCAL FOLD PATHOLOGIES
- VENTILATOR / TRACH WEANING
- SPINAL CORD INJURY
- SLEEP APNEA
- Healthy Living
- Speech Patients
- Pulmonary Patients
- RESPIRATORY IMPAIRED RANGE: -100 cmH2O to +43 cmH2O
- HEALTHY ADULT RANGE: -140 cmH2O to +80 cmH2O
- SETTINGS: 6 Inspiratory, 5 Expiratory
- DIMENSIONS: 129 x 43 x 46mm
- WEIGHT: 1.6 oz
- USE: Single User Device
- REGISTRATION: FDA Class 1 #: 1058052
- PART #: BR2